"What Liberal Media?" part 18974324872
Needless to say, the Iraq war has been a polarizing event in our nation. Protests have happened, and those protests have been breathlessly covered by the media. Front page (print and web) is frequently where you would find the details. Doesn't matter how small the protest (I vaugely remember a DC protest only having a couple thousand people, but was reported as massive).
So what if I told you that over 100,000 people descended upon Washington, DC today for a protest march? A protest that started on the mall, and worked it's way down to Capitol Hill? A protest that brought people from all over the country to participate and protest a horrendous policy that has resulted in many needless deaths? Given the way Iraq protests have been covered, you would think this protest today would be news, no? I mean, at least a reference somewhere in the "top stories" section of the major news sites saying "Massive protest march in DC" or something along those lines.
Wait...you mean you don't see many stories about this? You didn't actually know that there was a major march in DC today? The media isn't covering the story with nearly as much hype as any Iraq protest would be covered? Why would that be?
Today's protest - the March for Life in Washington, DC. I mean, I'm sure you're shocked that a massive pro-life rally (not only in DC, but in many other cities during the weekend) isn't being covered by the mainstream media.
Liberal media? What liberal media?
ETA: As usual, someone far better than I am at the blogging thing has done the legwork - check out Michelle Malkin's post, completely with picutres and comparisons of past marches.


<< Home