Friday, February 11, 2005

Religious Pluralism

Over at Against the Grain Christopher has an outstanding post on the issues of the fallacy of religious pluralism and the "Catholic" theologians that continue to push it. It's good to see the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith taking action and addressing some of these individuals a little more directly (because, as Christopher points out, in some diocese the bishop isn't doing anything about it).

His discussion of Paul Knitter at Xavier brings back something that I've ranted about on occaision to various people - it's way way WAY past time that our Catholic universities actually taught REAL CATHOLIC THEOLOGY. It's because of those sort of professors that I know, if I ever decide to get my Master's of Theology, I'll study at Franciscan University - If only the orthodoxy taught there was taught at all of our "Catholic" institutions of higer learning.