Thursday, December 09, 2004

"Paging Mr. Kettle...

...I have Mr. Pot on Line 1."

It's not every day that one gets called a hypocrite by some pro-abort CINOs (or maybe it is, given general trends in society today). Part of me wants to be amused by it. The other part of me is absolutley freaking furious about it, especially when it's used to excuse the atrocities taking place in the Netherlands.

As anyone that knows me can guess, I'm someone that attemps to hold a consistent ethic about life and faith - particularly, I try to be consistently Catholic in my faith. The other no brainer about me is that I'm a fighter. I firmly believe the saying "all that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." I will do my best to shout the truth from the rooftops as often and as loudly as possible.

But because of that, and because of my basic debator tendencies, I know I can be a little less than charitable in my reactions to basic ignorance. And I'm sorry...but being called out by CINOs as not being consistent with what I hold to be true can only be categorized as "ignorance." Right now, the angry side is really wanting to take control, and just go off, put people in their place, and straight up excoriate them for supporting the embodiment of evil that is taking over our world. I'll try and make myself feel better by saying that somebody needs to say it, and by saying nothing, I'm allowing evil to carry the day because I'm a "good man doing nothing."

But there's something else I'm trying to practice more often as of late. Sometimes words and actions are unable to lift the cover off of individuals' eyes to see what's really going on. Or, rather - MY words are unable to do so. There will still be plenty of people that will have their hearts hardened that I cannot touch. This is not an admission of defeat before evil. It simply means one thing - I need to pray. Pray for them, pray for myself, pray for our world, pray that God's will be done.

Those of us that have a "take charge" personality look on a statement like that with disdain (I know I did for far too long). Because we naturally see prayer as "doing nothing." But sometimes it's the most powerful thing we can do. Perhaps we're not the one to call people to the truth...but that doesn't mean that God still can't, and our prayers can be the most powerful weapon we have in the spiritual war around us.

So as much as I want to just go off and put people in their place...I'm trying to learn that is my signal to pray to God to do His will, to send His Spirit into our world and to work on everyone's hearts to defeat the evil in our midst and help spread His kingdom.